Senior Software Engineer - Mid-Tier / Backend
San Francisco Bay Area
Gigwalk is building a marketplace for flexible work that is centered around a
mobile experience. Think of it as oDesk on top of mobile.
We are funded by top tier Silicon Valley venture capitalists including Reid
Hoffman (LinkedIn founder), Michael Dearing (AdMob, Heroku), Jeff Clavier
(Mint.com), and the founder of AdMob Omar Hamoui. We have a lot of traction in
our space with over 285,000 workers in our system (think 50x TaskRabbit) across
6,500 cities (US, Canada, Puerto Rico, and most recently, UK), and hundreds of
customers including most GPS mapping companies, Microsoft, Google, BMW, P&G,
EBay, and more.
We are looking for fearless, talented, and persistent folks across engineering,
design, sales who like to wear many hats and want to be a part of building a
big and great company.
Things We're Looking For In You:
- LEMP stack (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP)
- Developer API design and development
- Version-control (SVN, Git)
- Bug Tracking
- Efficient MySQL query design
- MVC design patterns
- Scaling systems to meet large traffic requirements
- Living in the San Francisco Bay Area or willing to relocate (Valid US work authorization). We're headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
- Excitement at the thought of finally being able to work on a product written the RIGHT way.
- Amazon Web Services (Cloud front, EC2, S3, RDS)
- Key/value store systems (Redis, Membase, etc)
- Experience with mobile development (iPhone/Android)
- Understanding of the binary language of moisture vaporators
What We Offer:
Note: This is a fulltime position onsite at our offices in San Francisco, CA. We are not currently accepting
bids from outside consulting agencies, development shops or recruiters.
Apply directly to matt[at]gigwalk.com
- Competitive salary
- Equity consistent with an early founding employee position
- Health/Dental/Vision, etc
- Latest technology to get your job done
- Awesome working environment.